On-site and specialist laboratory testing is rigorously carried out so we can be sure of delivering high quality fish products to our customers.
An essential part of our quality control methodology, laboratory testing is strictly adhered to and is managed through our HACCP food safety management system.
Samples from every product batch are tested in our on-site laboratory to ensure the safety, freshness and quality of our fish products.
- Histamine content is sampled from each production code batch using the "Veratox Quantitative Histamine Test" from Neogen Corporation. The method has been tested by the AOAC Research Institute.
- Fat content is determined using an industry respected standard by Torry Research Station in Aberdeen.
- TVBN - Total Volatile Base Nitrate test is carried out on each production code batch.
Rigorous testing to ensure our fish products are safe to consume is carried out by Express Micro Science, an accredited laboratory that tests microbiological and chemical analysis for quality control purposes. Samples from each production code are tested to rule out the following:
- Staphylococcus aureus Coliforms
- TVC @ 30°C
- Salmonella Parahaemolyticus